SCORE Kalamazoo/SW Michigan Chapter invites you to attend an annual celebration of aspiring and established entrepreneurs across the Southwest Michigan region – Entrepreneurship Day (EDay).
You won’t want to miss the 2019 EDay. If you are thinking about starting or scaling a business, or currently own a small business, SCORE invites you to join the local business community for this targeted event. SCORE has designed an afternoon of education, networking and acknowledgement of the entrepreneurial success in our area that is intended to continue growing the spirit of entrepreneurship.
EDay is a valuable resource for the small business community in Southwest Michigan. Come out to hear from experts on key topics, then stay to get connected and network with fellow business owners and community resources while celebrating local success stories.”
The half-day event will include:
- Three classes targeted to critical topics of interest to businesses:
- Reach Customers Online with Google – Erin Bemis, Google
- Sources of Funding for Your Business – Area lending insitutions
- How to Focus Your Ideas and Open a Food-Based Business – Dexter Dakota, restaurant consultant
- A networking session after the workshops will connect you with key stakeholders across local business and community organizations devoted to supporting the Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Finally, we’ll end the afternoon with an Entrepreneurial Keynote and Awards Celebration with Adam McFarlin, founder of Kalamazoo Candle Company, and the naming of SCORE’s Emerging Entrepreneurs and the Entrepreneur of the Year.
All attendees to EDay will receive a comprehensive Kalamazoo Business Resource Guide with valuable information about community resources for businesses. Sponsors and supporters of EDay are represented in the Resource Guide as well.
Entrepreneurship Day is where entrepreneurs meet experts in the fields of marketing, business start-up, and finance. The event is focused on learning, connecting and celebrating local success and is a must small business owners.
When: Thursday, November 7, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Delta Marriott Hotel and Event Center
2747 S 11th St, Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Registration includes admission to one workshop, the networking session including appetizers and the Entrepreneurial Keynote and Awards Celebration.
Contact for registrations or more information:
SCORE Kalamazoo/SW Michigan
SCORE encourages budding business owners and seasoned owners looking for ideas and advice to enjoy one-on-one conversations with expert presenters and SCORE mentors and volunteers at this event. You don’t have to be a SCORE client to attend and attending this event opens up networks throughout the community, exposes your business to others, and will help you connect with concentrated resources. You’ll also learn more about free SCORE resources available to Southwest Michigan.